Monday, July 19, 2010

Donut Truffle Cake

oh- so you saw the chocolate donut truffle cake and wanted to know how in the world I did it? Yeah, I know you do.

1.
You bake the most delicious chocolate cake from scratch in your bundt pan. Then you shave off all the ridges and a little of the bottom to make it look curved.

2.Then you add your chocolate cream cheese frosting (made from scratch of course) all over for a crumb coat. Then take your vanilla cream cheese frosting and pipe a wavy line around the middle to make it look like a wavy line of glaze.

3.
Then you fill in the top of the cake down to the line with your vanilla frosting and top with assorted Lindt truffles. I would've made homemade truffles, but I'm getting a little lazy in my fat years. A closer look- the smell would knock ya down.
This is what Cagey asked for- a chocolate donut truffle cake. It was good.