Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st day of school

I don't know if we're going to make it. We've already had a fit thrown. I've already heard "I hate school!" seventeen times. I'm trying to make it more fun this year, but I have to make sure she's ready for her test at thee end of the year. I still have to clean my house, nurse the baby and keep him content, keep Cagey and the dog from being too distracting, get my baby weight off cuz it's about to drive me to drinking, make meals and figure out how to not lose my mind everyday. Taylor had her beginning of the school year father's blessing this morning and I think I need one too :)

AFter I posted that post yesterday- the bug fell back to sleep on his own and Taylor got up off the couch and started feeling better. I've got to stop thinking about the bad and concentrate on the positive right? never been one of my strong points- to say the least :)

3 comments:

DyessFam said...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...Here's something to be grateful for in the laundry area. At least you have a machine in your house instead of having to cart your 5 or 6 loads to the laundromat....I just know we will have a washer and dryer someday....woo-hoo!!! yeah.

DyessFam said...

Oh, and just so you know...losing your mind is part of the job, when it comes back for brief periods of time, just welcome it back and hope its a longer visit than the last time! hahahaha!

alexandriasmomma said...

At least you don't have to wash cloth diapers on a rub board like my mother-in-law did! She didn't have a washing machine until her third baby was born! My mother never had a dryer when we lived at home. She used to get up at the crack of dawn, wash several loads of clothes, and then we would hang them out before we left the house--the kids to school, mom to work. I do NOT know how my mother did it. She cooked supper EVERY night after working all day. She took us to piano lessons, to Primary, to MIA, to early morning seminary, on and on ad infinitum.

Nessa, find the song, "Sounds Like Life To Me" online or something. It's a country song by Darryl Worley, I think, and I had to laugh when I heard it the first time. Your posts just sound like life to me! Focus on the positive, focus on how absolutely blessed you are to have a husband and three darling children. You have a lovely home. James has employment. You have the Gospel.

Keep thinking positive thoughts and it will become easier and easier to focus on the positive! It will become as much a habit as it is to focus on the negative.