Sunday, August 30, 2009

things I've just realized I really don't like doing...

1. wrapping the vacuum cleaner cord around on the hooks. it's monotonous and just annoying.

2. cleaning the lint trap in my dryer. I usually have some kind of water on my hands and the lint sticks to my hands and it's just yuck. Then I have to walk all the way over to the trashcan and walk back to finish my laundry. I know.

3. Throwing the used dryer sheets away- I know this is weird, but when I do laundry I'm usually trying to get it done as fast as I can and again this just interrupts my laundry flow :) I used to stuff them in the couch cushions hehehehe it got rid of the sheet (until I decided to vacuum out my cushions) AND it made our nasty old couch smell better -- see win, win, win

4. Mopping- i just don't like cleaning hard floors in general.

5. Getting ready for bed. I'd rather just keep staying up some nights rather than go through my nightly routine. Take vitamins, wash my face and moisturize, brush and floss teeth, put all the stuff that is piled on my bed away so I can get in it- oh this leads me to #6

6. Putting sheets on my bed. I hate bending over a bed -it wears my back out and if one side of the bed is against a wall it is so dang hard and frustrating to get the sheets over there and make them look good.

what do you really dislike doing on a daily basis? i really don't like making pancakes either. my kids like them so i do it- but I don't like the way they smell, i don't like standing at the griddle while everybody is eating and then when you're done everybody else is done eating and I sit down with my eggs to an empty table until Cagey comes up and wants to eat my eggs too. argh. ok I'm done :)

4 comments:

Crawfords said...

You totally found us! Small world indeed. We absolutely remember you guys. I do most of the blogging (from work - shhh don't tell anyone) so I called Angie right away after reading your comments. She's excited to check out your blog and catch up. Sounds like you guys are moving soon. Good luck w/ that. We'll be spending some time catching up on your blog history. Congrats on #3 coming soon. We too have #3 on HIS way, though since you found our blog you probably already know that. Great to hear from you. Look us up on FB too if you dare! Later.

Erik said...

You should use the old dryer sheets to clean the lint trap. That's what I do sometimes to change things up.
Erik

alexandriasmomma said...

I'm so thankful I HAVE a dryer. And, gee, your dryer is so AWESOME! The clothes come out of it looking so great!

I must admit I get tired of the bedtime routine. Sometimes my vitamins get "hung" and I have to keep drinking water until I'm absolutely sloshing, but still have the feeling that there is something hung in my esophagus.

Changing sheets IS hard on one's back. Mom used to come over and help me. We could get so much done together. Mother ALWAYS swept the kitchen so thoroughly. She emptied all the trash cans, folded clothes so meticulously, then took the ironing home and brought it back perfectly done. I felt so guilty letting her do all that work, but it sure was nice to have help. I miss my mother terribly.

Y'all need to live closer to us or to Tim and Sally. I know this sounds nuts, but if my floors are clean, I feel like I can stand anything! The only reason I don't enjoy doing hard floors is because it's hard for me now.

Patty said...

Try getting a small garbage can to put on your dryer to put the lint in when you clean the lint trap. You can even put a shopping bag in it as a liner to make emptying it faster. I have found this very helpful. I end up with tags from new clothes in there, and stings from towels or clothes, too. Or if you use powder laundry soap, you can use the empty box as the trash can.