Monday, October 11, 2010

10 hours and

you're at Disney World!! Jeebs' parents were kind enough to invite us down to Orlando and go to Disney World with them. We were so excited. We went to MGM or now Hollywood studios, Epcot and Magic Kingdom. At Hollywood studios Tates got to make her own light saber and could have died a happy little girl right there. Cagey also made his big purchase of a Darth Vader shaped case of Star Wars cars. The highlight for me was at Epcot where I got the kids to pick an oyster for a pearl. Taylor got one that was almost exactly like the one I got 15 years ago (7 mm white, yellowish). But, Cagey picked the next oyster and he got TWIN pearls that were a silver blue in color. They are the coolest things.


Posing for the camera on the Aladdin flying carpet.

Tates on the carousel- she turned down the Peter Pan ride for the carousel. What is it about a carousel?


Ezra and I were got bored waiting so I snapped pictures of him and fanny packs :)

Cagey discovering his twins! The girl said less than 5% of the pearls have twins- awesome.
Dolphins were in the aquarium swimming and playing it up- "look at us we're flippin' little dolphins."



Ezra and Cagey can fit in the stroller together and there was hardly any screaming (Ezra did have a drink to keep his mouth occupied and keep him from screaming).
Saying goodbye to Disney...Before we headed out for our last day at Disney we went exploring around the hotel pool and I had to snap pictures of the 3 amigos in their Star Wars shirts.
Ezra was trying to do the lean back thing- I was so afraid he was going to slip under the rail and go down- and yes I know I'm insane.

We had a blast- thank you grandma and grandpa for the fun getaway!

3 comments:

DyessFam said...

Yes, you are insane, but that's okay and I love you anyway!:) Looks like lots of fun, but I don't know how you did more than one day! I would have needed a whole day vegging at the hotel to make it another day!

The Nicolaysens said...

Looks like you guys had way too much fun! I told Adam we need to start saving up to take our kids there sometime.

alexandriasmomma said...

I always loved the Merry-go-round, which is what I called the carousel. To me it was like riding a horse and I was always horse crazy. They used to have one at Liberty Park in SLC.

I did ride the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland AGES ago. It was probably around 1961 or 1962. Those were the days. We had just barely gotten color TV so Disneyland was absolutely an unreal fairyland to us. I truly felt as if I were flying on the Peter Pan ride. I'll never forget that first color TV. Daddy (my daddy, your papaw) ALWAYS had a second job. He NEVER just worked one job. He did accounting work for Bob Hatch when I was in elementary school (I also remember your grandma typing at night to take in a little money. I'd lie in bed listening to that old Underwood manual typewriter). Hatch's business manufactured emergency sprinkler systems for buildings. Hatch thought the world of Daddy and he loved all of us. He ALWAYS had cherry sours in his car and would pass them out every time he dropped by. They lived within walking distance of us on Eden Drive. He and his wife were childless (they later adopted a baby boy). I don't know if that had anything to do with Hatch's alcoholism or not, but he was an alcoholic. His wife would sometimes call daddy to go out and try to find him. I can not IMAGINE my dad roaming bars or whatever it was he had to do to find Hatch and get him home. I'm sure he HATED doing it. I think that was why Hatch loved him and why he had that color tv delivered to our house. It was a NICE television for the time. We still had it when I married and left home!!! Daddy didn't want to accept it and had the delivery people take it back, but Hatch was relentless. The delivery guys brought it back and told daddy that they were told NOT to take it back to the store.

You may have been afraid that Ezra was going to slip and under the rails but I can't look at that pic without imagining the kids losing their grip on that top rail and bashing their heads on the tiles. Horrible!