Sunday, October 24, 2010

a gross story about the circle of life




Last night we were spending the evening outside playing, jumping, whining etc. As we were mid-game I noticed several leaves twirling down to the ground from the trees. I thought to myself, "how pretty," then I realized they weren't leaves, they were feathers. I looked up and saw a hawk ferociously plucking each little feather out of another little bird. I immediately screamed for everyone to take cover because there were lice covered, disease infested gross bird feathers raining down on all of us. No one moved except me. I grabbed the camera to get a better look and I saw the little lifeless bird feet dangling from that upper branch. The hawk plucked, and plucked and plucked then devoured the little nasty thing.
You can see a few feathers flying behind him in this picture. He made short work of his meal and was on his way. Our yard was covered with little feathers- I don't like birds.