Sunday, October 17, 2010

A baseball birthday for Tates

Tates loves baseball/softball so it was only fitting that she have a baseball party. After decorating their "crazy 8's" t-shirts they got their pics taken at "yankee stadium".
When throwing a party, Jeebs is the man to have around. He built this dang cool game for practicing your pitching. I would have just cut some holes in a piece of cardboard and called it good, but not Jeebs. He went to Lowe's got a cheap piece of wood, cut 3 holes, attached it to a base he made from leftover wood and Tadaaa we had a pitching game.

We also had a sunflower seed spitting contest- which we didn't get any pics of because I was busy handing out seeds and getting spat on and Jeebs was busy measuring. I think Jeebs won over all- not surprising since he spits sunflower seeds all day long!!!

Of course we had a baseball cake and Tates got lots of presents. Thanks to all who came and celebrated with us.

Oh and Jeebs built me this little concession stand in about 5 seconds. I told him what I wanted and he dug around in the garage and made this:
I can't believe my Tates is eight and she will be baptized in 3 weeks. wow.She's still rocking the Vans.

1 comment:

The Nicolaysens said...

What a cute party! Totally perfect for Taylor. Happy Birthday Taylor!