Friday, October 1, 2010

When your husband works from home...


I came home yesterday around 1 pm from running a couple of errands. I drove through our neighborhood without any trouble- the duck pond was high, but nothing unusual after 3 days of constant rain. After I got home we pretty much stayed huddled in the house for the next 6 hours and watched the rain. We had a nice size puddle in our back yard at the edge of the woods, but nothing major. Around 7:30 I decided I needed to try and head out to a party to take a friend her present. I got Jeebs to drive me because he loves me :) and we headed out. As we took the first right out we drove through a huge lake in the road which was a little freaky and I had the feeling we should turn around, but I really wanted to make it downtown. As we made the next left to go up out of our neighborhood we saw flashing lights and what looked like a road blocked. After heading up closer and going through yet another lake and a river in the road we were signaled to turn around. Wow. We turned around and tried to cut through another little street- blocked and yet another pond in the road. We headed back to try the last out and yes you guessed it- blocked ( and another lake in the road). We drove back home and rounded our duck pond. If you look at the pic (that was taken this morning) - the water was up so high you could only see the tops of those cement benches on the right. I guess when your husband works from home and you're busy watching Harry Potter, drastic things can happen.




Ezra has become a toilet diver- yuck and double yuck. He is so funny when I get the camera out he always gives me this cheesy grin. I wish I had his eyelashes- or really any of my kids' eyelashes- they all lucked out and didn't get mine.




And this is Taylor's artwork from school. She wanted Grandma to see it- if she would ever read my blog :) j/k MA!

2 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Seth and Ezra are kindred spirits from the cheesy grin to the toilet love.