Thursday, September 30, 2010

Menu for this Weekend

Every General Conference weekend is my time to make a spread. It's tradition. The menu usually consists of anything from brisket, or po' boys to frog eye salad or chips and dip. This year I'm going the easy route. We are having po's boys with lots of fresh veggies, pickles, and the most delicious pastrami I stood in line forever for at the walmart deli counter. I also somehow ended up with a pound and a half of smoked turkey. I asked for a pound, but I guess the machine got away from her and she says "a little over is that ok?"- "sure fine, just get me out of here". She handed me my meat wad and it was 10$ worth of turkey- it's a lot of turkey. Next on the menu is chips and veggies with dill dip. I also got some apples and may try my hand at caramel apples. If those don't work out a batch of ultimate chocolate chips will do. On Sunday I think it's supposed to be a bit cooler so we are going with the cool weather staple- FRITO PIE. I love frito pie and every year I can't wait for it to get cool enough to have it. I may try to throw together some frog eye salad (which is a delicious fruit and pasta salad concoction- also a big tradition- thank you Yang). I can't wait for Conference weekend!!

For those of you curious- General Conference is when we LDS peeps get to stay home and watch a live broadcast of all the general authorities and leaders of our church. It's awesome- and you gotta have the right kind of food to accompany it. This may be the reason we have such a hard time staying awake for the Sunday afternoon session- hmmm just thought of that.

No comments: