Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's been 300 years, right down to the day...


New Bern is 300 years old! Yay for New Bern! We'll probably still be living here for the next 400 year celebration. I forced everybody out of the house on Saturday morning because I wanted to see the parade. I love parades and haven't been to one in a while. In high school all the parades I went to I was marching in them... ahhhh band I miss you. (I do not miss marching in 500 degree weather 100% humidity with a band uniform on or worse a majorette outfit with tights that come up to my boozies, however.)

My favorite part was the 3 people playing the alpine horns. I didn't know they did anything other than "baaaaaaaaaaaaah" and then someone yells RIIIIIICCOOOLLLLAAAA!!! (which some lady did right after they were finished.)

No comments: