Friday, September 10, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake cake

This is what I've been working on the last 3 nights. I am done and I am going to bed. I am ok with how it turned out except for the dadgum piped wavy line around the top tier. I am not a good piper, but I could've done better than that had I had the right equipment. Taylor tinted the red fondant for the polka dots and Cage cut out the pink polka dots. They did so good and made very little mess. Taylor also has her daddy's mind. I have one fondant smoother and I needed 2 to make a nice sharp edge- so I asked Tates- "is there anything you can think of that I could use for another fondant smoother?" she immediately ran off and a few minutes later came back with her perfect tiny little toy iron! I knew she wouldn't let me down.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

MAD MAD skills Nessa!

Allison said...

Awesome job!

Tessa said...

I think that looks amazing! What did you make it for?

Nessa and Jeebs said...

thanks i made it for a sister in our ward- her granddaughter's bday

The Nicolaysens said...

That is so cute! You are way good with fondant. Maybe for Eden's next birthday you can fly all the way to Utah and make one for her :)

DyessFam said...

That is fantastic! Excellent job!!!