Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hallelujah


We got a message from Craven County Schools today that school will be closing at 1pm tomorrow. Taylor was so happy she did a dance with the dog. Personally I think they should get out every day at noon or 1. Think how much money we could save not having to make and buy kids' lunches. It would be a quick path to lower taxes. But, then horror of horrors people would have to be home with their kids!

Also- I have an infestation of tomato hornworms. They are disgusting. I saw one going to town on a leaf and you could actually see the leaf disappearing. I pulled 12 off this same plant on Sunday- pulled about 14 more off this afternoon and then in the evening pulled about 6 more off. Gross. Gross. Gross. I stomped them all- oh the carnage- the green/orange guts were flying and staining my driveway. The ants were going to town on the carcasses. Tomorrow Earl will blow it all away.

No comments: