Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tates is my mini-me

This is Taylor sick on the recliner. She puked all through Labor Day weekend and then some. She ended up having a UTI. She is now complaining of a sore throat. Today she got in the car pretty distraught about her day- she got her first ticket (her teacher's way of penalizing students). She knew she was going to get one last night because she forgot her homework notebook at school and I wasn't able to sign it. She spent lunch time crying about the ticket in her pocket and always tells me she is scared at school (scared of getting in trouble). Taylor has complained of a tummy ache every day before school which she also comes by honestly. I had tummy aches every day in elementary school and my daddy had to take pepto every morning before school for his. I remember vividly being scared at school. Scared of being called down, scared of getting negative attention, scared of even hearing my name come out of my teacher's lips. To this day I don't like hearing my name- it always sends a split second streak of fear through me. I remember my first C. I was a senior in high school and it was in computer science II. Yuck- I hate computer science. Now I realize that a few tickets and one C aren't things to have panic attacks about- but while you're going through it- it's torture. Poor Tates.

1 comment:

Page said...

Taters, I had to pull cards at school instead of get tickets. Every time i got in trouble i had to pull a card. Once you pulled a card, you were on yellow. Which really isn't that bad, but then it was like red or something, then purple and i think black was when you had to go to the office. I was always on friggin purple. I hated my teachers. I had a couple i liked, not really though. Point is, school sucks, but we all have to deal with that crap eventually. Sorry you hate it, i figured you would, i hated it too. But, whats the worst that can happen? She gives you a ticket? I was on purple nearly every day! I had barely had a recess because of it too. I sat on the fence by myself usually until I had like five minutes left of recess. No sweat. I always thought about what I was going to do once I got home from school and that made it better. Or I would just try focus on my schoolwork, not really though.