Friday, September 9, 2011

3 Ghost Stories

1. I saw something today out my bathroom door that I can not explain. I can't even tell it interestingly or explain in words exactly what I saw. But I will try. I went into my bathroom to well ya know, and I looked back at the open door- because we've already established I don't close the door. As soon as I looked I saw a white piece of material on the chair outside the bathroom door move slowly out of sight. I immediately thought, "that was weird, that had to be Percy dragging something off the chair with his leash". After I got done I looked at the chair and there were my white shams sitting on top both out of sight of the bathroom door. I put them up on the edge of the chair and tried to recreate what I saw and I couldn't do it. I brushed it off and thought there had to be some other explanation. About an hour later I was making lunch and dropped a shred of cheese on the kitchen floor. Just as I started to whistle for Percy I remembered he was still in his kennel from last night.

2. After lunch Jeebs IM'd me from his phone (he had jury duty this week, all week) and I started telling him about my ghost story. He kept giving explanation after explanation of what it could be. Then he asked me if I wanted another ghost story. Of course I did- who doesn't like a good ghost story? The minute I responded "ok", I heard male voices coming from my bedroom. For a split second I was freaked and then realized Jeebs was actually giving me a story...turning on Rush on his computer from his phone. Argh.

3. This last one really isn't a ghost story, but it scared the poop out of me. I got a watermelon on Saturday that turned out to be not so good. So we ate a little bit of one half and both chunks had been sitting on the counter since yesterday. Two days of watermelon counter sitting is all I can stand so I went to chunk it out in the woods. I walked out my back door, hurled the half into the woods (that's composting at it's best) and walked back up to my patio. As I passed my strawberry patch I noticed there was a strawberry ready to pick and a good size. I bent down and pulled off a couple of little bitty rotten berries and hurled them out towards the woods then grabbed the bigger one and it too had insect holes in it so away it went. I stood back up and looked at a big weed sticking up through my cute little patch and thought, "I need to get that dang ugly weed." I made a fraction of a move to get to the weed and my whole patch just started shaking violently. Out of the corner of my eye I see a black spot dart out of the patch. I screamed and looked more closely just to find Mr. Cottontail bounding back into the woods. I had to be careful because you know they can smell fear.

2 comments:

The Airharts said...

ooooo, i would be frEEEEEEEEEEking out! Seriously!

wagdog said...

I saw something...strange