Monday, September 5, 2011

Baby love


I caught one picture of our Labor day celebrations. We didn't celebrate, unless you call going to Lowe's and eating quizno's for lunch a celebration. Hold up- there is a click beetle inside our house... sounds like a freaking horror movie in here.

Saturday we went to Sam's. I always find going around getting food samples at Sam's (or anywhere really) awkward. I mean, of course I want to have a free bite of that delicious, expensive pre-made junk that I'll never buy, but I don't want to look like the fatty that's excited for the free food. Sam's is crazy though the way people are hovering around waiting for their little easy bake ovens to ding so there's a fresh plate of hotwings to try. When I finally do get a sample of something I listen to their whole dang spiel with my, "wow I can't believe this good deal," face and I stand around looking at the product for a minute trying to look like I might actually genuinely consider buying it. I would be great on an infomercial. I used to love watching those things. And last but not least, PANCAKES!!

2 comments:

wagdog said...

I remember watching Cabin Fever a couple of years ago and laughing at how stupid it was. I mean, the dude swallowing the harmonica and "screwdriver-in-the-ear" guy were funny but Pancakes! was the topper. FATALITY! (should have been a flawless victory too because the kid takes no damage except for the tainted blood he ingests)

DyessFam said...

WHAT...WAS...THAT?! Okay, so totally haven't seen that movie! I wish I could see you puttin' on your show at Sam's. That would be fun. I don't even usually listen. I just grab 3 for the kids and move on to the next one. Sometimes if its something new there, I'll try it, but most of the stuff they have to try is of no interest to me. The sad thing is, I usually end up walking back to Sam saying that I could probably make it and better. I don't know what they put in their stuff, but so much of it is tasteless. Nearly like they have a meeting and decide to put the least amount of flavor for max expense. Just sayin'.