Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jury duty

Jeebs has jury duty. He is juror number twelve. "A good jury should have like twelve," said in my Pedro voice. I told him to fake a facial tick or say he's a racist or something, but he was sworn in with his hand on a bible, a bible shared by as many other hands (or fingers) that could fit on it. He was gone all day today and he'll be gone tomorrow. I actually survived it. It's good to know that after having him home for 2 and a half years helping me most every day- I can still do it alone if he ever gets a job with an office.

Having one car, however, does really sucketh. I have to take him downtown, pick up Tates from school and then pick him back up downtown. I felt like a small taxi service today and Ezra did not get a nap except during taxi rides. Ya know what's cool though? I don't have a cell phone, but Jeebs can call our car through onstar. It's weird for the car to start ringing, but it's much easier and practical for me than a cell phone. Our free minutes are almost up, but right now it's perfect. Is it weird I don't have a cell phone? I think my momma and I are the only people I know without cell phones. I'd rather have a new outfit and shoes any day. I really want an outfit I can finish with a belt- that's my goal- get this belly in gear to be belted. Or I'd trade all my cell phone rights for this...(cuz apparently to the gov't a cell phone is a right)

No comments: