Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Death of a honeybun

First words to me from Taylor this morning, "did you have a honeybun?" Nope. I did not. Jeebs was searching through the cupboards and obviously upset about the empty honeybun box sitting by the trash. He asks me, are they really all gone? No, they are not all gone, there are 2 more in the cupboard. I just took them out of the box so they would take up less room. As Cagey and Ezra trickle in for breakfast they too spy the empty box (why didn't I put it in the recycling bin last night?). Cagey asks, can you get more honeybuns at the store next time you go? No, no I can not. Ezra asks for a honeybun for breakfast. I flippin' hate honeybuns today. I do not like my children eating pre- packaged processed baked goods. I think they all expressed more concern over the empty honeybun box today than they would if I were laying lifeless by the trash can. So- I did what any good chubby baking mom would do- I made pumpkin muffins. Yes I made them with a cake mix, but I couldn't resist the ease of the recipe. It's a spice cake mix, a can o' pumpkin, and butterscotch chips. Then I put a little dab of cream cheese frosting on the top of each one. My children said they tasted like heaven with frosting. I have to say if heaven ain't got frosting built in, I don't know if I want in. But, I digress, at least I got them to eat something with pumpkin in them. That is major for Cagey. Then I had to take a pic of my pico de gallo I made. I love pico- I could live on it and I just eat it with a spoon most of the time because I'm the only one that likes it. I also think it's pretty to look at. I can't ever make it without thinking about my Aunt Martha. We had it the first time at her house and it obviously made a big impression. Then, Ezra wanted his picture taken and he is such a cuteness I couldn't resist. And, I'm sure you're all wanting to know, those two last honeybuns are still in the cupboard. Nessa 1 Little Debbie 0
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

Why are my comments not posting?

alexandriasmomma said...

For some reason, the comment I posted Wednesday night didn't make it onto the blog. I don't remember what I said, except that I was commenting on how cute Ezra is in that picture!!!

Unknown said...

I think of her whenever I make pico de gallo too. Oh, how I miss her!!!!! Do you think if I tell the Lord I've had enough of this experiment He'll send her back? Wouldn't that be nice.

DyessFam said...

Work it with your muffin-makin' self! I want one!!! maybe two...maybe more. :)