Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ghostbusters!


Last night for family home evening we carved pumpkins and I made apple cider floats for everybody. I love fall, Halloween and all that goes with it, but I am not ready this year. Today is the 25th and I have no costumes made. The 28th is our ward's trunk or treat so I have 3 days to get 'er done. 3 days!!! I feel like I go all day and get nothing accomplished. I get up, make breakfast, workout, shower, do Cagey's school, clean house, make lunch, get kids down for naps (which is pretty much an act of congress), pick up Tates from school, finish Cagey's school or help with homework or both, figure out what to make for dinner, make dinner, clean up dinner, and then collapse on the couch waiting for bedtime. Some how I've got to squeeze in costume making...maybe instead of blogging? Well anyway...

After we carved 3 huge pumpkins, I was bound and determined to roast some dang pumpkin seeds. Soooo while Jeebs blah blah blahed on the phone and the baby screamed I rinsed pumpkin seeds, seasoned them with curry powder and roasted them in the over. Taters and I ate 2 very large helpings-- they are good and I will forever roast my pumpkin seeds. I can't believe I waited so long to do it!

I almost forgot- the reason I named this post Ghostbusters! Last night we were listening to Halloween music and Ghostbusters came on. I can't ever hear that song without thinking about the Ghostbusters game we had for our Sega. We got it for one of the Christmases we had to wake up at 3 am because daddy had to go to work and he wanted to see us open our presents before he left. We would get up at 3, open presents and usually go back to bed. It was kind of awesome because you were getting up at 3 on Christmas morning, but not awesome because you were getting up at 3 on Christmas morning. Anyway, one Christmas Glen got the Ghostbusters game we'd been wanting and he immediately put it in and started playing it. My sister and I weren't much for playing, but we liked to watch. We got tired of watching after only a little while and went back to bed. I think we woke up around 7 and he was STILL playing. I couldn't believe he hadn't gone back to sleep, but it was pretty stinkin' fun game. Okay- baby screaming, gotta remember that I'm a homeschooler and get my bum in gear. 

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

We planted some pumpkins, but I seriously doubt they will produce before the crazy weather freezes them. :) I need to go get a small sweet one that I can use for pumpkin puree and roasted pumpkin seeds. I LOVE pumpkin seeds!! Yummy. I roasted some butternut squash from our garden, scary as it is, and it turned out really well. Yay! I didn't get any decent seeds out of them, which I was going to roast cuz they taste a lot like pumpkin seeds. Anyway....k.