Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Raining, pouring


My computer died. Just died. I've been using Jeebs' work computer and I didn't know how to get pics on here so there haven't been any posts sans pics that I've wanted to post. But, I finally asked Jeebs to get my pictures onto this computer so I could blog again. I was suffering withdrawals.

First, Mookie got new boots. They are the cutest things ever on her chubby little legs. I think they'll be nice and warm if we have a cold winter.

Then, Cagey and Ezra made Joseph's coat of many colors for Cagey's school. It quickly turned into, "I'm gonna put this brown dot on here that looks like poop." It all comes back to poop. I'm so glad he's learning so much history.

And no post would be complete without a cute pic of the Meny. She is getting chunky and hunky. She has been getting her knees up under her and scooting herself around. She turned 5 months yesterday- the same day I got a new nephew. Little AJ was born yesterday- they will be exactly 5 months apart. Hooray!
This past weekend Jeebs had a campout. I always let my kids sleep in my room on campout nights. They love it and it helps me sleep because if someone broke into the house I'd have all my little chicks in my room. I would just have to quickly close and lock my bedroom door and load the gun; yes, I think about this every time. They make a little pad on the floor because there's not enough room for everybody. Ezra decided the next night that he wanted to sleep in there again and he brought all the pillows and lined them up exactly as it was the night before. I thought it was sweet and made me feel kind of bad because he is the only one now without a roommate.


Monday was Taylor's birthday and the day we decided that Cagey should see a doctor about his wrist. He hurt it late Saturday afternoon and we thought for sure it was a bad sprain. But, better safe than sorry, Jeebs took him for an x-ray. Yep, both bones were broken. Awesome. He had to see an orthopedist to have it cast. I picked Taylor up from school early so we could make it to his appointment. I somehow made a chocolate cheesecake in all of that and tried to have some semblance of a celebration for Taylor's birthday.

I got her a skateboard so please pray we don't have any more broken bones!
That is our week in review...until next time.

2 comments:

The Nicolaysens said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! I hope Cage is enjoying his cast :)

DyessFam said...

Yeah, i don't know what the deal is with poop, but mine, too, have an affinity for it. :) Way to go for your crazy week! Happy Birthday, Taylor! I bet next year, she'll want a ramp. :) Cagey looks so much like Jeebs in that pic. Okay, I'm done.