Tuesday, March 24, 2009

my brother is so funny!!!!! and my maternity jeans are saying mercy!!!!

I had to throw in all the exclamation points for my big bro!!! He's right- I'm not really that (!!!) excited. I think it's even funnier when Jeebs uses exclamation points talking on aim. He is definitely not that (!!!!!!) excited. hehehe.

7 days- until Page comes. I am !!! excited about that!!!! This is fun!!!! Are you enjoying this Glen?!!?! I haven't seen either one of my brothers for a while and I'm glad I get to have some family come visit. My feet are screaming for reflexology and my body is screaming for structural. oh wait I mean !!!!!!! I have heartburn a lot lately- they say that's the baby growing hair- ha! I had horrible heartburn with Tate and she had a very little bit of hair when she was born. I told Jeebs it would be a kick if this baby came out with a head full of hair and shock all of us!!!! Do I sound really excited!!!! I'm getting excited to meet this baby- pushing he/she from my loins- kinda scares me- positive thoughts right ;) I did get my moses basket and stand today from RH baby and I love it!! I even put the stand together all by myself!! It rocks!! I mean the stand actually rocks- and it's pretty cool too hehehe. I hope this post is really annoying to my brother :) even though I know he really does care and doesn't want me to sound like a dip when I'm writing.

Argh- I made lasagna for dinner and I splattered tomato sauce all over my shirt on my large belly that I couldn't see until I got done. I had to break out the Tide to go pen.

3 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

Oh, so Glen gets to correct your blog posts but I don't?????? I'm offended!!!!!! hehehehehehe

alexandriasmomma said...

I had the NICEST maternity jeans that mother made me. She made them out of a dark denim and even finished all of the seams with one of her fancy seam finishes so they wouldn't ravel. Then she topstitched all of the seams with gold thread, just like store-bought jeans! In those days we had stretch panels sewn into the belly portion of the clothing. Anyway, at the end of my pregnancy, I couldn't pull them up over my big belly. I can't remember which pregnancy it was; you (birth weight-9lbs. 12 oz.) or Page (birth weight-9lbs. 15 oz.). Either way, those jeans were FULL!!! I wish I could think of the name of the seam finish that mom did. I know it took her lots of time. I hope I let her know how MUCH I appreciated them. They were the nicest jeans I ever had. I absolutely wore them OUT.

I miss my mother.

alexandriasmomma said...

Should the term be "ravel" or "UNravel"? At any rate, the seams were always neat and finished, no straggling threads on the inside. Do y'all realize how many things your grandma could do? Do y'all remember the outfit she made Nessa one time? It was a safari jacket, jungle print shirt, DARLING cuffed knee-length shorts, AND some darling pants that would roll up if desired and button with a button and tab. She looked absolutely darling in it. It seems like she had some kind of boots that she wore with that outfit. Mother always fussed about not being able to find her a pith helmet to wear. Did she ever find one, does anyone remember? That safari jacket had about a million pieces because it had several pleated pockets with tabs, a belt, etc. I think I still have the pattern in my pattern box.