Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend update with Vanerrrsa Nicolaysen

Well we had an awesomely tiring, relaxing and not long enough weekend. After my midwife appointment we headed on down to Myrtle Beach, SC. We haven't ever been and really wanted to make it at least once before we move from here- some day. Soooo- we left my appointment - which went well except for my bp that shot up because of my ever increasing anxiety about the delivery of this baby. It was 150 over 110 or something like that, but my midwife knows I just have issues about getting my blood pressure taken and it's always normal at home. Anyway- everything else is good. My 36 week home visit will be next Friday - WOOHOO!! My little brother will be here and I'm sure he'll be really excited to be here for my baby appointment :) hahaha. We got to Myrtle Beach at about 4 and checked into our hotel. Seriously, we could've saved so much money if we had just let the kids swim the whole time- that's all they kept asking about "when are we going back to the hotel? when are we going to swim?" ARGH!! We got checked in and then headed down the road to the Tanger Outlet Mall there. I was so excited because they had a Gymboree outlet and a J Crew outlet- neither of which I have ever been to. I have to say I was a little disappointed because it was just all last year's stuff without the outlet price. I expected it to be last year's stuff, but come on, for like at least 50-60% off. Oh well- I got a few things - some shoes at the stride rite outlet for the kids- some clothes for Cagey and Jeebs and a skirt and cheap wallet for myself. After we left the outlet mall- I walked the whole thing and was so proud of myself- my feet were screaming- we headed for PF Changs. For some reason I've been craving it and it hit the spot!! Well probably several spots :) Cagey and Tates were complaining the whole way there, but then they loved the food.

Saturday was packed with everything we wanted to do. We started off by heading to the Ripley's aquarium- it was really cool - they even have those tunnel things where you walk through and you're completely covered by the aquarium. I was doing okay until it got darker and darker and the sharks were swimming over my head. That was a scene right out of my nightmares. Tates was a little freaked out too, the music was a little eerie and the voice over guy talking about the exhibits made them sound like something out of a suspense movie.




Here's Tates and Cagey in the bubble- and Cagey the little joey.
And me, getting a little freaked out- I had to keep my head down and just walk on through.
This is my favorite picture at the aquarium- Tates looks a little freaked out- Jeebs is forcing his little fake smile and Cagey is just pulling a Cagey face :)

After the aquarium we went to ride go-carts at the Nascar Raceway place. It looked like so much fun!! Poor Cagey was so excited about it, but turned out he was about an inch too short to ride in any of the go-carts. He rode some of the kiddie rides and seemed to enjoy himself.


This is Jeebs and yes, Tates, racing in the Family 500. It looked so fun!! I told Cagey next time we go it's going to be me and him!!

We ended our day with a trip to Medieval Times. I went as a senior in High School and thought Tates would enjoy the horse show. They seemed to have a good time even though they didn't eat their food and Cagey said nothing the whole time! He is such a little chatter box at home and when it's just us- but you get him out in public and he says nothing- unless of course he is pitching a fit about something he wants ARGH!
This is the Charlie Bucket Cagey face. I think he was a little scared of all the HUGE pilsner glasses full of beer people were drinking- he is obsessed with pointing out drinks we don't drink. If ever I say something about a copy- he asks if I said coffee. funny kid.

Here's the gang- Jeebs' crown was as big as it would go and he had a hard time keeping it on his head :)
I had to throw this one in because I think it's hilarious. This is the face Cage had the whole time we were watching the show. I thought he was just tired and getting sick, but as soon as we got back in the car and headed back toward the hotel he came alive! We took them for a quick dip in the hotel pool and then we all died in bed! It was such a fun- exhausting day. We did not want to come back home. The drive was not bad at all- I only wish it hadn't been Sunday when we were driving back because I could have used a little more shopping therapy in Wilmington :) Now we have the baby to look forward to!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun pictures of your trip! What's up with the kangaroo, though? It looks like it's birthing your son!

wagdog said...

Did your hands curl up at the aquarium? You really need to start limiting the amount of exclamation points you use in your blog posts. I only say this because I care and because I don't believe you are that (!!!!) excited all the time.