Friday, March 27, 2009

Non-Functioning Day

Yesterday was a total non-functioning day. I was so exhausted I could barely make myself do anything, but sit and try to stay awake. I managed to make breakfast, lunch and dinner and I think I did a little laundry. I also broom-vacced my hard floors. I just got a new broom- vac from Target- they were on clearance and I really like it. Anyway, I was so miserable all day - Jeebs made me take a half of a unisom and turn in early. I went to bed around 9:30- it took me a while to fall asleep and I still kept waking up every hour or so to go to the bathroom or just reposition myself. Around 1:30 Jeebs got in bed, but he soon jumped back out of bed to give Cagey something for his cough. I did have to get up then and help look for the vicks. I swear we have 700 things of vicks, but when you need one they are no where to be found. I did get a good block of sleep between 1:30 and 5 so I feel a lot more rested today. hooray.

Does anybody else feel like their house stinks all the time?? I hate the way my house smells sometimes- especially when it gets really humid outside- like today. I apologize if anybody has come over and been offended by they stank that is in my house. I really worry about it because I HATE stink! If ever I smell some kind of body odor on my kids they are immediately dumped in the bathtub. I hate stinky houses, stinky bums, and basically anything that stinks. Speaking of stink- how does this happen? I step outside and see a smear of dog poo on my front porch- argh. I then step carefully around the smear to get to the grass with the dang dog where he marks his territory and then sniffs around wasting time. I step back on the sidewalk and then onto the mat in front of the door where I see a huge smear of dog doo from my flip flop- I keep wiping and it is a full-on dog TURD smearing across my doormat. YUCK. I look back and there are no other new smears on the sidewalk from said TURD - so I ask you- how does dog doo just appear out of nowhere? There is however a large gold mine of dog poop in the yard- I usually am the one that recruits the kids to help me pick up the dog poop in the yard when it reaches critical bio-hazard, but as I have been out of commission for a while it has yet to get done. gross. HMmm stinky house- yard full of dog doo- okay- I'm done rambling.

4 comments:

The Airharts said...

First of all-I have never smelled stink in your house-but, have you seen my sentcy warmer...seriously I'm addicted to it-my sister started selling them and they have the tastyest smells...I think I have mine on 70% of the day. Theres a link on my blog side bar to the site-if you want something I will let her know...you will be addicted!

Wendy said...

Dog poo is like baby vomit...it just magically shows up in the most inconvenient places.
Oh & the scentsy thing is really nice. I'm smelling the yummy smell of cinnamon wafting around my house now.

alexandriasmomma said...

Gee, I HATE THE "T" WORD!!!! It is SO crass!!!

alexandriasmomma said...

I never smell stink in your house, unless it's where there is SUPPOSED to be stink, like the trash. I don't know about how the dog POOP gets on your shoes, it seems to have magnetic qualities where your shoes are concerned. As big as our yard is, it seemed as if y'all could always manage to find some little bit of dog poop to step in and smear around the house. I think it's a rule: "There must be dog poop smears on the nicest, newest carpet in the house so mothers will learn to control their tendency to shriek, throw things, and use language of a less refined nature".