Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh Happy DAY!

Today I am officially 34 weeks!! I'm probably a littler further along, but I am going strictly by the ultrasound I had around 9 weeks when I was in the ER bleeding all over the place- yikes! Anyway- today is the day I get to start my 6 week formula!! I know I've blogged about it before, but I am truly a believer of these herbs. My mom is a believer too- she only took them with one out of 4 of her pregnancies (which was me) and it was her easiest fastest delivery- 4 hours from start to finish. I got to take them all 6 weeks with Cagey and my labor was so stinking ridiculously easy and lasted from start to finish 4 hours and 45 min. The only hard part was pushing- yowza. I remember thinking I was definitely going to go over because my due date was July 18th and on the 17th I still hadn't gone into labor- and who has their baby on their due date? :) I was so excited and anxious when I got up at 4 in the morning to go to the bathroom and felt a gush of fluid. I told Jeebs, "Get up, my water broke!" I went to the bathroom and knew that things were definitely getting started. I took a shower so I'd be so fresh and so clean clean and then woke up my mom. She came in our room and fell asleep at the foot of our bed while we were timing contractions. They weren't hard, but they were regular, close together and had a sharpness to them that all the other's didn't have. They weren't terribly painful so after about 30 min I woke my mom up and sent her back to the couch telling her we were going to go back to bed to try and get some more sleep before the long haul. I sat in bed timing contractions because I was too excited to sleep- Jeebs, I think, dozed for a while. At around 5;30 I was still awake and knew these contractions were doing something- even though they weren't painful, but I couldn't sleep. I called my midwife and told her I thought I was ready for her to come. She showed up around 6 that morning. She set everything up- stripped the bed- covered it in a shower curtain liner and hospital pads- set up the birthing stool- got all her towels and supplies in place- and then checked me. To everybody's surprise I was already an 8!! I was still up around laughing and walking- she said "if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were hypnobirthing", nope it was just not that difficult. At around 7:45 or 8 she asked if I wanted to try pushing. I didn't have an overwhelming need to push, but I thought- I'll give it a whirl. After a few contractions that I tried to push with- but really didn't feel the need- somehow transitioned from that to involuntarily having to push. About 45 min to an hour of pushing and my 8 lb 7 oz first little boy was handed to me. I remember thinking - wow this is a heavy baby and thank you so much for coming out!! I think one of the first things I said was he looked like my older brother Glen and was born on his birthday too :) It's hard to explain how wonderful it was- needless to say I can not wait to have this baby put into my arms and see what they look like- kiss their little head and watch how they're going to grow and develop. They really are worth all the stretch marks, double chins and clothes that will probably never fit the same way again :) OH and even the 8 months I've had to wear flats. blagh.

2 comments:

DyessFam said...

Thank you, thank you... I know I make cute babies! hahaha. I really do think they are all good looking kiddos, but I know it has nothing to do with me!:) Yes, your little one will come out, but just remember, it won't ever be just the four of you again. I hope you are feeling better! Don't forget, when you go into labor, you gotta let me know!

The Nicolaysens said...

I also took an herbal 6 week formula and I truly believe it helped me have an easier labor. My labor was 7 hours - not as short as yours - but I also had to push for an hour. I am excited for you and hope the baby comes soon, so you don't have to be pregnant anymore :)