Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cod Liver Oil

I found a brand of orange flavored cod liver oil at Harris Teeter. I am taking a teaspoon a day. It is disgusting- when it first hits your tongue you think "hm, not so bad" and then it coats your throat and you think "I'm gonna hurl." So then you grab anything you can stuff down your throat to cut the oily grossness and get the a$$ taste out of your mouth and off your lips. It's supposed to be really good for you though and I need all the help I can get right now. I have a jacked up thyroid, pancreas and teeth that like to get cavities. Oh man, why does fish have to taste like a dumpster?

2 comments:

Busymomsteph said...

Ok I'm trying not to laugh..We have the lemon kind and it's gross too. Have you tried putting it in the fridge. that helps a bit.. not much but a little. I really don't think there's any way they can make it taste good though :(

Nessa and Jeebs said...

Yeah- it stays in the fridge- I actually put it in some orange juice and it wasn't too bad :) still have to not think about the grossness that is fish going down my throat!