Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Health class... courtesy of the duck pond

I have pictures and more pictures of our trip to post, but first things first. Today- I got up at 9 and it felt like 7. I was tired and had a million things to do, but Tates needed to do school so I made her do some language arts on the computer just so we could mark it as a school day. Then the weather was so perfect- I had to go outside. It's days like today that make me mad at my roof- I don't want to come in and if I have to come in could I please peel back the roof so it wouldn't block me from getting my vitamin D? Anyway- had to get out so I forgot about it all and we went for a walk. We even took GOOD bread for the nasty ducks and annoying geese that have realized the ducks have a good thing going and have taken over the poor ducks' pond. We sat- we threw bread- we threw rocks and Ezra was so excited to see the crazy birds. I decided it was time to go and we headed for the kids' bikes and helmets. Just as we were leaving we noticed one of the ducks chasing another duck- pretty normal- they do that a lot. (We also saw one of the geese chasing another goose and I thought- ha, a wild goose chase hehehehe, but I digress) So, the duck chased the other duck, ha so cute- well then he chased the duck again into the water, but this time hopped on it's back for a ride and I naively said "ha, looks like he's going to surf on him." Then he started his little mating thing...and I realized OH- Tates said "maybe they're just playing." I just calmly said "he's just helping her make little ducks, let's go, and that is your health class for today." I don't think either one of my children understood- and that is OK with me!

1 comment:

The Nicolaysens said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safe and sound. I sent you an invite to my blog, hopefully you'll get it. If you didn't let me know and I'll try it again :)