Friday, March 4, 2011

All YE who Enter here

I need help making an important decision. I've been asked to make 120 cupcakes for our relief society activity. The theme is Emma's Garden Party or something like that. I have decided to make flower cupcakes and possibly throw in a few bee and/or butterfly cupcakes. These are supposed to be the centerpieces for the tables. I have two different ideas for flower cupcakes:




or



Please vote now in the comments!

I like the lollipop ones because there can be more colors, but the sunflower ones would look really cute interspersed with bee cupcakes.

and tonight:
I made Hawaiin Haystacks...and I wore my lei my mother in law gave me. This is about as close to going to Hawaii that I'll get for a long time, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Jake and I both like the first one.

Unknown said...

I vote the first too. It's super cute and looks like it might be simpler?...

The Nicolaysens said...

I like the first one too. They look easier to make and your right you can do a lot more colors.

DyessFam said...

I really like both of these! I have to agree with the other commentators, though....120 cupcakes...I'd go with the first one...looks like you can do more of an assembly line..assembly and it would be quicker. Now, transporting them might be an issue unless you put the suckers in when you get there. Oh, and those kind of sprinkles are always a plus in my book. mmmm...sprinkles. If I had motivation, I might be tempted to go make a cake type thing and go over board with the sprinkles. Maybe next week.

Susan said...

I like the first ones if you are making a lot of them. But, I'm going to have to remember the sunflowers for another cake-making time. They are gorgeous!!

wagdog said...

having...trouble...caring...
nope can't do it. I tried.