Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Butterflies and Glutch


We have butterflies!! They emerged from their chrysallises some time this morning. I think (I know) I am way more excited about it than Cagey. After they got over the initial shock of coming out with wings they started leaking this red glutch which I have learned is meconium. It's nasty folks. In the literature I got with the kit they made it sound like it was just little drops, but I've got a big red/brown patch on one side and red smears on top of my washing machine (I put them in the laundry hutch to keep them warm). The one on the left has a gimpy wing, "a good butterfly should have like 2 good wings". His proboscis is also fully unfurled and just hanging out- I think he messed himself up- or it was because Jeebs turned his chrysalis wonky when he moved them.
There have been far too many pics of my feet on here lately, oh well. I wore these flip flops today- they're yang's. I don't ever put them on and not think about my sister. She got them in Houston while she was getting her "treatments". She was putting on her makeup and felt the sudden urge to puke- ran to the bathroom and slid on the slick bottoms of these things- down to the floor hurting herself. I hate that story- I thought about it after I got home from our walk and I wanted to sob. My eyes started getting hot and I got a lump in my throat- then I remembered I had to wipe Percy's bum because he hadn't successfully pinched off his watery gross poo. The smell hit me and I had my own urge to run to the bathroom and yack.

No comments: