Sunday, March 6, 2011

I would ban cold cereal

If I were the first lady I would ban cold cereal. No I wouldn't because I don't believe in banning food, but I really hate the stuff. I eat eggs every morning now that I am pregnant and trying to keep my protein grams at 75-80 grams a day. But, even if I weren't, I would prefer eggs above all else. I was raised having a hot breakfast most mornings. That's how I have to start my day- if I don't I'm sick and/or starving for the rest of the day. It's not pretty. Oh, it also has to be a protein packed hot breakfast, can't handle carbs in the morning, it does get annoying. **There is one exception to this, Kashi- I love Kashi it's tasty and it stays with me until lunch time.

Jeebs, on the other hand, prefers nasty, nutritionally deficient, cold cereal. My kids have also started to like cold cereal, but I feel like my boys see it as a pre-breakfast snack. By the time they finish their cereal I've finally finished making my eggs and ezekiel bread toast and inevitably when I plop down my breakfast they want eggs. I can't deny them eggs because they are so good for you. They're almost a perfect food and for pregnant women- an easy protein packed little nugget. Bonus** How many protein grams does an egg have? Don't cheat! I'll announce the winner tomorrow and send you a great big "good job" from New Bern, North Cackalacky.

ps Raw milk is only legal for pet consumption here in this wacked state!! and a midwife was arrested!! This state needs help!! I was raised in Texas where we do what we want- REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!

4 comments:

DyessFam said...

I usually have Kashi or oatmeal for breakfast. I do fix eggs occasionally, but I have a tendency to eat them as a scrambled egg sandwich for lunch. mmmmmmm..... Oh, and I think its 9g protein in an egg isn't it? That or 7. Whatever...I also think it depends on where you get your eggs. I got some from a friend who has chickens the last time and the yolks are a-mazing!!! I WANT CHICKENS!!! Well, after I'm done being preggers. :)

Susan said...

my favorite (sob sob)shoes!!!

Page said...

I think you're trying spoof Danny DeVito's troll-toe pics with your feet photos. Excuse me, "shoe" photos...

alexandriasmomma said...

ROFL, PAGE!!!! AND YES, REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!! Texas rocks! Page, do you remember drinking raw milk and eating fresh eggs? The Allens (and, NO, it's not ALLEN'S because THE APOSTROPHE IS NOT USED IN FORMING PLURALS. So all of you (not you, Page) folks out there REMEMBER, the apostrophe is NOT used in forming plurals) across the street gave us a dozen eggs from their chickens. I was so excited to see a green one among the beautiful browns and tans. So I said, "Oh, I see y'all have some Araucana hens." Donny's reply: "I don't know one kind of chicken from the other." Man, that guy needs to READ! He can only identify PINE trees. Everything else is just "a tree" to him. Daddy and I were sick when we saw him burning up some really nice hardwood as he was clearing his lot. He had no idea he was wasting firewood. HE BUYS FIREWOOD!!!! Of course, they probably have enough money to burn a wet dog, but DANG!!!

The apostrophe is NOT used in forming plurals!!!