Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hooray for a Heartbeat!!

I had my doctor appointment this morning. I just realized it is the first time I've actually been to an OBGYN. I have only ever had midwives. huh. Anyway, it was a super fast appointment - doctor says everything looks great. Taylor came with me and so we both got to hear the little heartbeat. I was so excited and I'm now breathing a huge sigh of relief. There is actually a baby with a little heartbeat flipping around in there. Poor Cagey wanted to come along too, but I just couldn't trust him to sit still while I got examined like Tates does. She just stood there while I got checked out. When the doctor looked at the southern region I looked back at tates and she had her hands jammed over her ears. I don't know why she didn't want to hear anything. She's kind of crazy like that. The doctor seems really nice and he says he's sensitive to women who've had homebirths and then move to NC where not many people deliver at home. He says he wants to prove to me it can still be a good experience at the hospital and that if he gets off track to let him know. He seems like a good man. But, the thing is- he won't deliver my baby- it's whoever is on call when you go into labor- ridiculous. Anywho- one step at a time.

3 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

YEA FOR HEARTBEATS!! Good work Joanna :)

The Airharts said...

I'm glad it all went good!!! Fantastic...oh and PS-next time leave your stinking kids at my house and take your hubby!

DyessFam said...

I'm so glad you have relief! I hope you get some sleep now, cuz a grouchy Neeeersssa ain't no good! I can only sympathize with your family! Hehehehe. You know, I'm finding it funny that you are seeing an ob/gyn now, cuz I just changed the person I'm seeing to a nurse/midwife. Its still the same office, just different person now. She will also be delivering this baby, which will actually be the first time that the person that I've seen throughout my pregnancy is the one also delivering my baby. I think I'm having a twin peaks experience! AAAaaaaahhhh! ahahahahahaha!