Sunday, October 19, 2008

Taters is 6!

I can't believe I have a 6 year old and a nephew only one year away from baptism. I'm getting old. I guess it was bound to happen. Anyway, Tates is so excited to be 6, but while her best friend, Bart, is around she will never be happy with her age. He turns 7 in January and I'll hear all about how she wants to be 7 after that. I guess we all wanted to grow up fast.

Tates had a fun birthday- we took her to Chuck E Cheese and let the kids play and eat pizza. It wasn't miserable. There were hardly any other kids there and the pizza wasn't too terrible. The awful part of the day was having to go vote early (because Jeebs never got his voter registration card) and stand in line for 2 HOURS!! I thought I was going to scream. My back took 2 days to recover. The old people in this town were going extra slow. I wonder if they had decided who they were voting for before they got there or if they were debating it over in their minds while they stood at the booth- ARrRRGH. I love old people, just not when they're going freaking slow- and yes, grandma, I know you're reading over my shoulder and saying "Vanessa, you're going to be old someday." I know I will be old, but I'll still be fast- cuz that's how I roll :) Actually, thinking about it, I'll prolly be like that old lady in the Notebook- with alzheimers - and Jeebs will be reading me our life story- making up crap to make it sound like we did all kinds of cool stuff and like we really loved eachother hehehehehe-

Okay - back to Tater's birthday- She got a new.........................................BiKE!

2 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Happy Birthday Tates! I am glad we're better friends than we were on your first birthday:) Thanks for the gift card Ness! I am going tomorrow.

DyessFam said...

Happy birthday to Tates! Yeah, I remember always wanting to be older. So sad, cuz now I could really use that preschool nap every day!:) That picture of Jeebs running after her on the bike is cracking me up. And yes, in response to your comment, I would definitely say Obama fits that description!!!!! I think we should just do away with Halloween and go back to having masquerade balls and costume parties just for the fun of being all dressed up! Anyway, yeah...