Sunday, October 26, 2008

Since no one else is bogging

Okay- since no one else is blogging- I thought I would yet again ramble here in my blog. We had a pretty fun weekend. Well for me anyway- I convinced Jeebs to go to a "marching" band competition on Saturday in Snow Hill- which is just under an hour's drive away. One of his young men is in the band and his band was performing at this competition. So- I thought it would be fun to go see the bands and to show a little support for one of his guys. Anyway, the style of marching here is way different than in Texas. I have to say I much prefer the military style marching bands to the show or corp bands. But, if that's all they have here in NC then I guess it has it's place. I was just remembering how much I loved being in the band and marching. I know it's pretty dorky to be all about band- but who cares? I loved stepping onto the field and hearing the announcer welcome the band and step off to the drums. It was such a rush. I was also a twirler- which I know also has some dorky stereotypes attached to it- but I really enjoyed performing. I hated the drama of being on that line though!!! gag!! So, my senior year I gave it up and just marched with the band- which was almost just as fun, but I had to wear a band uniform, which was hot, hard to put on, and not very pretty. I hope some day my kids have an interest in the band, but judging by the interest they had in the band competition- that's probably an unlikely scenario :)

So- today I'm recovering from sitting on the bleachers for 3 hours. My bum was numb halfway through. Afterwards we took a trip to Aldi!! Our first trip to Aldi- for those of you who have never heard of Aldi- it's this super cheap little grocery store. My little brother had hilarious stories from his mission in Chicago shopping at Aldi's. So, for him I took pictures to document our trip. We got canned goods for 49 cents and milk for 1.99! I was excited about the cheap milk. It kind of reminded me of shopping at the bread store when I was little with my mom. All the super cheap day old bread, pies, cookies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls. Except they had other things besides baked goods.

This week is Jeebs' birthday- things are not going great for Jeebs, but I hope he can have a happy birthday anyway. The big 30! He's already got the gray hair- so really it's been going downhill for a while :)

2 comments:

wagdog said...

This blog is so freakin' Aldi...

DyessFam said...

I hear ya about the band style thing, sista! I am not fond of the show band style. Not enough precision for my taste.:) And yes, you are a band dork, hehehe. You know you love the drama! Your kids might end up in band by default because that's where their friends are, like me! haha