Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Global Warming my big fat PATOOTIE!!


This is what we woke up to this morning. It was snowing pretty good when we got up, but by the time I got the camera and went out to take a picture of the snow it had stopped snowing. This is our fourth snowfall this season. I don't think they've had this much snow in eastern NC in a long while. Interesting :)

This is just a cute picture of Cagey in his new shoes. His vans came the very next day from zappos- love zappos. He is addicted to playing this nintendo thing. This was supposed to be MY Christmas present- hahahaha.

Also- warning I"m going to brag on my Taters so if you don't want to read the bragging- look away now. I was so excited for Tates to get her white belt in karate. She's been going since September and her teacher told us she could get it several weeks ago, but he had them for sale just a couple of weeks ago. We finally bought one and she was beyond excited to get her white belt. The very next week she got another promotion. She got a yellow stripe on her belt- I don't know what all these mean, but I know she's doing well and getting better. She went last night - even though she was still not feeling 100 percent. She fought through it like a champ and her teacher came up to me to ask how she was doing in school so she could get yet another advancement on her belt!! She was so excited and I was so excited for her. She now has a white belt with a yellow stripe and a white 'awesome grades' stripe. Woohoo! I need to post some pics of her punches she's got some serious power behind those things.

Last night when we got home Cagey was playing on the leapster. I told jeebs he knows what colors mix together to make other colors and so Jeebs asked him what colors made purple. Cagey said "I just learned my primary and secondary colors". He's so funny. He also saw Barack Obama on TV a few nights ago and said "That guy is making me sick, Barack OVAMA (that's how he says it) is making me sick!" It was hilarious. What a goof! You can tell what we talk about in our house a lot :)

3 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

I thought a statement made on a Discovery program last night was VERY illuminating. It was a show about how the poor polar bears are suffering due to a lack of ice. The statement was: "NO ONE can predict with ANY CERTAINTY how the lack of ice is going to affect the polar bear as a species." (emphasis added by Bonnie Wagley)

What? Huh? I thought it was a certified TRUTH that they were going to become EXTINCT due to man-made global warming. People, people, people, get a grip and try to think things through before succumbing to your knee-jerk reactions. I subscribe to the Biblical view: "The earth is full and there is enough". Don't get me wrong. I am not saying we should litter, run water 24/7, or keep our lights on 24/7. But by conserving water and electricity we save MONEY, and man, we are going to need every penny when taxes soar(and I don't want the feds legislating what I can set my thermostat on or whether or not I can own a garbage disposal). I am telling all of you Obama voters out there that you have made the biggest mistake in the history of America. Recommended reading: The CONSTITUTION, The Federalist Papers, AND "A Statement on Problems Affecting the Domestic Tranquility of Citizens of the United States of America" by Ezra Taft Benson. You will remember that he was the Secretary of Agriculture under Eisenhower. This Statement was prepared for the Public Forum on Domestic Policy held October 21, 1975 in Denver, Colorado. At the time, President Benson was the President of the Quorum of the Twelve. Yang was 10 months old and I was expecting Glen. I knew nothing about politics but what my parents said. I wouldn't have considered myself informed enough to discuss politics. And yet Al Gore just told TWELVE year olds that they know more than their parents about global warming. What a bunch of tripe!!!!! Ok, Nessa, I know my comment is too long. I won't correct your posts if you won't criticize the length of my comments. :)

alexandriasmomma said...

Do any of you watch "17 Kids and Counting"? It's about the Duggar family. They live in Arkansas. They have 18 children (the 18th was born in December or January, but the episode last night was filmed before the birth). I love that show. They are such sweet people who are trying to raise their children the way they see fit. A French film crew had come to film them for a French television program. The French film crew guy (for lack of a better term) was shown saying, "In France this would not be possible. In France people would be too shy to do this. When people in France see this family, they are going to say, "only in America". We want to show all the aspects of your wonderful country.

I love Michelle, the mom. She is so soft-spoken and sweet to her children--the way I always wanted to be. Anyway, they went to the Crater of Diamonds Park in Murfreesboro to dig for diamonds. I was reminded of the time WE went! Yang and Nessa wanted to find a diamond SO BADLY! I wish we could have found one just for them. It was HOT, but it was fun. It's only about a short day's drive from here, so next time anyone comes home we can go if y'all want to!!!!

DyessFam said...

Man, I want some snow! Okay, Nersa! Don't be all raggety anne-in me! Don't make me talk about your cankles! ahahahahhaha