Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick Day #297

Maybe not 297, but it sure feels like it when you have been waking up to a chorus of coughing all around you for at least 2 and a half weeks!! I knew it was a matter of time before I got sick with everybody's colds and it happened on Friday- I knew the signs so I started Zicam immediately. I really love that stuff. If you haven't tried it- you're really enduring colds you don't have to. I have felt kind of poopy, but I haven't gotten near as bad as Jeebs or the kids. Jeebs is still congested, Cagey is still coughing and having a fever on and off, Tates is still coughing when she has the power of suggestion from Cage's coughing. Jeebs is in the recliner asleep with Cagey- he took a 3 hour nap from about 5;30 to 8:30. He is out again, but does not want to go to his bed. Poor kid.

I had a moment of weakness tonight- it was a rough day- worrying about Cagey, being uncomfortably pregnant and putting up with the noise and insanity that Tates and Percy cause when they start antagonizing eachother- ARGGHHH!! So, after Jeebs took tates to karate and left for his meeting at the church, Cagey was asleep and there was nothing good on TV. SOOooo, I bought Nights in Rodanthe on pay per view. It wasn't as cheesey as I thought it would be. It was cool to see the signs for Greenville and Moorhead City. I'm not a Nicholas Sparks fan, but it was something to watch and decompress to. I also watched a Backstreet Boys concert on tv the other night. I was just flipping back and forth and saw bits and pieces of it, but it sure brought back memories ;) shelly? :) hehehehehe. I never had a thing for them or anything, but their music was perfect for breaking it down in the car on roadtrips!!! My friend Shelly and I just about drove her mother crazy from Texas to Maryland with the first Backstreet Boys CD - EVERYBODY!!! yeah!! ROCK YO BODY!!! yeah!! ya know you're feeling it!! y'all liked it too, don't lie! hehehheheahhaa ahhh ridiculous.

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Break it down, break it down! OH, yeah, thems was some fun times! You know you loved the backstreet boys, anyway....hehehe. I just wish they hadn't gotten all funky. That first cd wasn't bad compared to their later stuff. Oh well. I'm sorry you guys all have the crud. I hope that ends soon! Sam takes airborne and loves it. He doesn't get sick very often. We really don't get sick very often, but we deal with allergies a lot. Fun. That's okay, cuz so far Sam, Braden and myself all have a prescription for Flonase. Zekey will be joining the ranks after he's two, I'm sure. What a thing to pass on to your offspring, right?! haha, I'm having to type in "deari"....