Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to life back to reality

Except for the disgusting humidity and insane heat indexes I wish summer could last forever. Taylor will be starting school this year. Even though I know she is almost 8 years old and most kids have already done the "first year off to school thing" I am so anxious about her being gone for 7 hours a day. What will she be learning? How will she be treated? Will she be able to keep up with all the writing? (she hates to write) I am trying to act excited for her sake. I'm trying to be excited about the stinkin' uniforms, and I'm trying to paint public school in a good light which is very hard since I did not like elementary school at all. The kids are outside swimming (or were- Cagey just drug his little wet bum inside) and Ezra is asleep. I love peaceful moments when I know exactly where all my little chillens are and what they're doing.

I have bribed Taters and Cagey with toys for doing well in school. Is that bad?

2 comments:

wagdog said...

Bribery is ok. Kelton had an A- in math at one point. I told him that if he got his math score up to an A (or A+, I don't remember the highest) that I would give him 35 bucks to spend on whatever he wanted. An A- isn't bad but I'm determined that my kids will be strong in math, science, and reading. I don't feel bad about bribery at all. He got his math score up to the equivalent of 99% which gave him the highest grade and it only cost me 35 bucks. The whining about math homework decreased significantly and now I can forget about my retirement and live with my kids when I am old.

Page said...

A- huh?
Proud of me?
Very proud.
Minus, better hit the books again, get up there...

Even when he gets an A
-Minus...and an A gets him ice cream, he knows that.