Friday, February 18, 2011

Anhedonia


(classic Jeebs- holding his brand new baby boy- looking like eh)
anhedonia (< Greek ἀν- an-, "without" + ἡδονή hēdonē, "pleasure") is an inability to experience pleasurable emotions from normally pleasurable life events such as eating, exercise, social interaction.
Have you watched the new show 'Mr. Sunshine'? It's kind of scary how similar this guy is to Jeebs. I always thought Jeebs looked like Matthew Perry (the star of the show) and the guy's problem is his lack of ability to get excited or care about things: Anhedonia. We now have a name for Jeebs' lack of excitability. I also think my little brother, Page, may be afflicted as well. Maybe I should throw a fun run for them to raise awareness.





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

wagdog said...

I really think you should donate to the Human Fund. Send donations to me and I'll make sure they go to such a worthy cause.

Susan said...

This has been a lifelong affliction for him. You're right...now there is a name to go with his demeanor. I love you, bro!!

Page said...

Whatever.

alexandriasmomma said...

Page, ROFL. Your one-word comments make me bust a gut. I guess I'm definitely NOT anhedonic, anhedonistic, whatever the heck it is. Poor Jeebs, he can't even be himself without SOMEBODY blogging about it!!!! My verification word is BALDER! I hope I'M not getting balder!