Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Poo dots

(Cagey with his new caterpillars)

Cagey has been obsessed with changing his underwear lately. For a while I would let him change because I thought he had actually pooed his pants. One day I happened to check out the damage and it was what we would all lovingly call an innocent "racing stripe". Today as I was trying to get my power nap he told me, again, he needed to change his underwear. I asked him, "did you poo in your pants or did you just not wipe very good?" He said he just didn't wipe very good so I told him it's okay- you can change later. He insisted he needed to change because he had "dots of poo on his underwear". It's definitely better than him being okay with walking around in poo caked undies.

I told Cagey he and daddy were two peas in a pod tonight- he kindly told me, "no, you're a pee in a pot!"

Do you ever feel like what you do is pointless? I clean my house and nobody really cares if it's clean or not. Then if I shirk my duties as a wife and mother and decide we're eating out or having some frozen reheated nastiness I'm the mother of the year! Today my kids had frozen pizza for lunch and hot dogs for dinner- except Tates she had frozen chicken strips for both meals- it makes me feel awesome.

3 comments:

wagdog said...

Maybe the frozen food consumption results in poo dots.

Susan said...

I am so with you! ! No one in my house cares either, it seems like. Until I've shirked my duties so long that things start getting out of hand.

The Nicolaysens said...

Adam is like that. I could make him a gourmet meal and he will pick at it. But if we have chili dogs for dinner, with the chili from a can. I get a million praises on a job well done. How does that work?