Thursday, February 3, 2011

patience

Ya know when your kids get old enough to where they don't want to ride in their strollers so you can get a good heart pumping brisk walk? Yeah- we're there. I wanted to take the boys on a walk yesterday, but Ezra insisted on wanting to ride his battery powered 4-wheeler. I finally just gave in and let him at it. Cagey took off on his bike- he made it down the road and back about 5 times before we ever made it across the road and onto the sidewalk. Ezra has already caught onto driving the little thing, but apparently he has the attention span of a gnat. If he sees a pile of poop, kids playing, a dog, an ant, or a car coming by- he has to stare at it and inevitably drives himself off the sidewalk in the process. I felt like Elaine on that episode of Seinfeld when she's stuck on the subway. It took us 40 minutes to go maybe a tenth of a mile, maybe. I swear there were tortoises and snails passing us shooting us the finger. I finally convinced him to walk a bit and let me carry his "bike"- we were making good time until he decided to push his "bike" from behind with no driver. Every 3 feet again we were running into the grass, off the curb, into poop- you get the picture. I have never been so happy to get back into my driveway carrying that dang 4-wheeler.

No comments: