Saturday, February 26, 2011

The first time I met Jeebs

He faked confidence and had amazing calf muscles (I hate chicken legs). He asked me why I had an accent and my brother didn't. I told him it was probably because my brother was a sell out that just wanted to speak Utahan (or something like that). I can speak Utahan if I want- I don't want. I had on pleather pants, a shiny button down shirt and corn rows and curls in my hair. Jeebs wore his ever present cargo shorts and bowling shirts. We worked out a dinner at my brother's apartment and the rest his sort of history.

There was a six week hiatus when I decided he wasn't for me, but somehow he finagled his way back into my life- and I do mean finagled. Both of my brothers hit it off with Jeebs very quickly and my sister thought he was a hottie. My dad asked to see his temple recommend and he had it out of his wallet in a flash. My mom rode up the side of a mountain with him and bended his ear for an hour. I remember hiking around some part of said mountain and just knowing this was the guy I would marry- it was weird. He came home to Texas with me and I quickly found out he wasn't down with driving long distances and he didn't mind sleeping in the car on the side of the road in New Mexico. News flash: you do not sleep on the side of the road in New Mexico.

He came to church with me to my home ward, we sat together, took the sacrament, and I listened to him sing the hymns and he knew them. I knew then and there that this was definitely what and who I wanted. Nine years later we still sit in church together, singing the hymns- with 3 kids in between us and it's awesome. **Mr. Sunshine, yaaaay

2 comments:

wagdog said...

I don't know what this bull is about me not having an accent. I'll sue you for slander. I get made fun of on a daily basis so here's a cup of suck it! :-D

Tara Wagley said...

For real----ain't NOBODY pulling off the side of the road in the middle of the night in NM!!!! Crazy man, good thing the SkinWalkers didn't get you :) Other than that---I am glad that you came to Allen's Camera that day with me---sexy Pleather pants and all!!!!!!