Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Decorations pt 1.

I love Valentine's day- probably because of the colors and the hearts. (It is definitely not because I've had amazingly awesome V days in the past because- no I have not. I remember one V day I was in my apartment watching a movie whilst my roommate flirted with a boy she was crushing on, my best friend was out with her boyfriend and my other roommate was out with her fiance- awesome. But, I digress- this is not about my depressing valentine's days this is about decorating... I love hearts, but I like to decorate with less traditional things and colors. I'm loving black and white with splashes of red for Valentine's lately. (I guess that's not real non-traditional) I thought and thought about what I could fill my apothecary jars with. I love my apothecary jars!! I'm slowly getting a collection.
I dug around in my fabric drawers and found some red tulle- I smooshed that into the smaller one with some silvery, white ribbon and these little rhinestones. Then I found some black crushed velvet- crushed velvet is definitely romantic- and I had the idea to throw these little white flowers in with it, but then I found my playing cards and I kinda love how it came out. Jeebs said he liked it except that I had a diamond playing card in there- of course I have diamond playing cards in there for v day! Diamonds are a girl's best friend- hint hint.


Cagey took this beautiful picture of me- this is what I look like on a regular basis- sad.