Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Confession

I gained 21 pounds with Kilmeny. That's almost less than half of what I usually gain. I was very strict with my diet: no sweets and only whole wheat or ezekiel bread and protein like none other (trying to stave off pre-eclampsia, worked real well, ha). One week postpartum I had lost 15 of those 21 pounds and today 5 weeks postpartum I have gained 3 of them back, dang it. You wanna know why? huh huh? Because I have been eating everything! I went without sweets and bread and junk food for a very long time and I want to enjoy life for just a few more weeks, stuffing my face with chocolate, cake, cookies and burgers. Sweets do not agree with me and when I'm prego they give me horrible heartburn. So, these last 5 weeks I have eaten more sweets and bread than I have in about a year :) I definitely feel a little yucky, but my cream cheese pound cake was worth it! I will start doing better soon, but today is not that day...maybe tomorrow.

I have a goal to do a chin-up before I die. I'm thinking I gotta get off some gloop before that happens. Can you do a chin-up? Could you ever? If so, I hate you.

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

I have that same issue! I go sweets crazy after I have a baby. I have gained some poundage that's for sure and now I'm battling trying to get it under control. I do really well until about 3 in the afternoon and then I want ice cream to dip my cookies in! Aaaaahhhh!