Thursday, June 23, 2011

Imagination

Some time after Jeebs and I were unofficially engaged (whatever that means) we were driving back to Provo from Sandy. We were riding in what Glen and I lovingly called "the granny". (It was actually my grandma Wagley's car) Jeebs was driving, the windows were down because it was September and still hot, (the a/c was out) and I was dozing in the front seat. I don't remember the exact conversation, but I remember Jeebs saying to me that while I was sleeping next to him he could imagine us married, driving in our own car, and even a baby in the backseat. I thought it was so sweet at the time.

Fast forward 10 years later and we're in North Carolina driving on a 2 lane highway from Jacksonville (a town with actual stores and restaurants) to New Bern (40 min away) with our 4 babies in the back. Cagey was in the 3rd seat going insane, making random noises and laughing hysterically (no more Barq's root beer EVER for that kid). Taylor was laughing and munching on her snack from Sam's. Ezra was keeping a loud, running commentary complete with the occasional "shup up Cagey!" I don't know where he learned that word. And, last but not least, our Meny was screaming her head off in her car seat. I was not sleeping this time and I had to ask Jeebs if this is what he imagined so long ago. In true Jeebs fashion- "I think I imagined them asleep."

1 comment: