Friday, June 10, 2011

New Bernians, have you been to Persimmons?

After a quick trip to the Tryon Palace gift shop my mom, the kids and I wanted to try out the new restaurant downtown. I'd heard everything was fresh, local and organic. Yummity- we checked the menu and even though the kids weren't overly excited we decided to give it a whirl.

It's really pretty on the outside and right on the Neuse. Besides the over abundance of geriatric patients, the inside is just as nice.

While I'm sure they don't see a whole lot of groups with 4 small children- they did have high chairs and a kid's menu. My kids got burgers, of course, complete with freshly fried yukon gold fries.

















I got a tomato salad with mixed greens and goat cheese (blagh). There was pesto and balsamic drizzled over the top. It was tasty and fresh- I just ate around the goat cheese- that stuff tastes like rotting cardboard.

Ma got the Bern (or Bear?) burger with fresh organic beef, a fried green tomato and grilled red onions. On the side were freshly fried sweet potato fries. I could have rolled around on those fries and been happy for a while. The burger was tasty too- the beef had absolutely no wang. Ya know how ground beef can sometimes taste like a cow patty? Yeah, this was just a fresh beef flavor in a patty.

Ma will probably kill me for this last pic, but I just had to document that she was there. I was there too with Meny in the Moby. I kept dropping food on her little head as she slept- Taylor was so put out with me. She kept saying "MOMMY, be careful", like I was hurting her somehow with my salad.

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

Well, I'll NEVER forget Taylor letting me know in no uncertain terms that I did NOT need to be touching/holding the baby after shooting the little Henry 22. Something to do with lead. Who knew? Your kids are repositories of little known facts that they've learned from watching "Myth Busters", "How It's Made", etc. I am so proud of how she always stands up for her sibs and friends. She was worried about me giving Minimook lead poisoning.

And yes, you're in trouble for posting that horrible pic of me. However, it doesn't get much better than that. I look horrible these days. That's what being 56 will do to one. Also, I have left a couple of comments that didn't make it on to the blog site. Maybe it's just as well..........