Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shooting and more shooting


This is how we roll. We start our kids shooting young. A brother in our ward was nice enough to take us out shooting yesterday. It was hot, but we had fun. Jeebs and I got to shoot our new glock for the first time. My hands were shaking by the time I stopped shooting it. I could see the fire coming out the end of it every time I pulled the trigger. I like shooting .22's-no kick, not loud, not scary. I'm not into fire power, but I want any intruder to know I will knoCK YO' PUNK A down! If it takes getting used to shooting our 9 mm then so be it. Tates got to shoot Grandpa's lever action .22 rifle and she had a blast. She even hit a few targets. Ezra sat in the car with his hands over his ears saying "no, I don't want it." I shot daddy's .22 and was the first to hit a shotgun shell set up several yards away...so happy.

3 comments:

wagdog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wagdog said...

"I'm not into fire power, but I want any intruder to know I will know YO' PUNK A down!"

As good as you are at doing abstract math proofs, I think using the Glock or any other weapon will be more effective than "knowing" an intruder down. Just my 2 cents...

captcha: sessa - word that rhymes with nessa

alexandriasmomma said...

Glen, you crack me up, stanky nast!!! I was so glad Nessa was the first to knock that shotgun shell down!! I was the only one who didn't hit anything but dirt. So she and Taters upheld the "girl" end of the deal. Ezra did NOT like the noise. Maybe if we had started off with the Henry. I love that little rifle, but it is surprisingly heavy for me. That's why I shoot a handgun. I have a better chance of actually hitting whatever the target is. Daddy says I just need to learn how to shoot a shotgun. Fire a shotgun, no worries!!! SOMETHING is going down! I've NEVER seen Ezra sit so still for so long as when we were shooting. He just sat there in his booster seat. Kind of pitiful, really. Poor baby. Brother Stevenson is cool. He used to live in Alaska, so he has some very powerful guns! I swear one sounded like a cannon. Next time daddy has to renew his concealed carry license, I'm going to go with him and qualify to get mine. It's expensive, but worth it if you ever get in a bad situation.