Monday, April 5, 2010

bedtime

Is there anything sweeter than bedtime when you tell your kids you love them and they say they love you too? Well, maybe not, but maybe... when your kids tell one another I love you. Just a couple of nights ago, Cagey said to Tates, on his way to bed, "I love you!" and she responded without hesitation, "love you too!" This doesn't happen very often- obviously because I am blogging about it. Every night I go in to kiss Cagey good night after his daddy tucks him in and I ask, "do you want me to sing you a song?" and he always says, "NO!" Okay so that's not so sweet, but I usually sing "Ducks in the pond quack a happy song, mother hen cackles the whole day long..." and on and on. I do it really fast before he can protest too much, but he usually just buries his head in his pillow and I go out thinking, I am a total dork and why does my son hate my songs? :) Taylor, on the other hand, wants me to stay and stay and I could sing as many songs as I like...she just wants to stay awake as long as she can, that girl hates bedtime.

But then, once they're all tucked and kissed and prayed and watered- then I get to relax with Jeebs for a couple of hours before we get in bed. He works on his computer and I usually blog. We watch Glenn Beck and get brainwashed- and we usually have a little no sugar added ice cream, but none for me tonight, thanks- see previous post about the dadgum lemon bars. Anyway- I have no way to post my pics from Easter so that will have to wait and you'll have to enjoy my non-picture posts, I know you do... hehehehehe and I'm out!

BTW- Cagey loves cheese all kinds of cheese- cheddar, pecorino romano, mozzarella, and even asiago (I think)- he won't eat a fruit or a vegetable, but he will eat cheese that tastes like a foot. Amazing. there's hope for the boy still. Note to self: buy more freakin' cheese

2 comments:

DyessFam said...

Yay! I got caught up on your blog!!! Okay, so I LOVE reading your blog. Always makes me laugh! ....tastes like a foot.... Love it!! Okay, those lemon bars are calling my name. I made this super awesome Lemon Raspberry cake the other day, and let's just say it sho di'int take no kinda time to make it go away. Yeah. Oh, and a few days before that there was the lemon chess pie. Yeah. Then between the two and before and after there is the ever present Amish Friendship bread that is more like a cake than a bread. I put wheat flour and flax in it to make me feel better about eating all of it. Yeah. Oh, and let's not forget about your chocolate chip cookies that I made the other day. I made about half the batch and froze the rest in individual portions. We ate all the cookies I baked and now I've been raiding the freezer a few times a day munching on frozen cookie dough.....Will the madness ever end?!!! AAAAAhhhhh!!!!! Save me from myself! Okay, I'm done...gotta go visit the freezer.....hehehehe!

alexandriasmomma said...

Vanessa, the kids LOVE your songs even if they bury their heads and beg you to stop. Children are just like that! It's like when we were kids and begged our parents to quit hugging. We were really loving it, because it adds to our sense of security, it makes us feel safe, etc. But since we're children, we feel duty-bound to say "GROSS"!!!