Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm weird


I have a weird thing about sounds. One of my favorite sounds has always been the sound of tires on a gravely road. I used to ride my bike on gravel and try to turn it and make the same sound that car tires make when they turn on gravel- it was not as satisfying, but it's all I had :) When we take Tates to the softball field for practice we get to ride all over the gravely parking lot- still love the sound. But, tonight at practice there was a new sound I enjoyed- warning: I'm going to brag on my child, but it's my blog :)- the sound of all the oooo's and ahhh's when Taylor was up to bat. She was knocking them way farther than anybody else and all the parents were amazed. Yep that was MY Tates. One dad asked another dad, "is she yours?" he said no and I wanted to yell "SHE's MINE", but I didn't. I just yelled as loud as I could when she started running :) that is my way of being humble :) I was never good at sports and I was too shy or embarrassed to try, but my Tates is not afraid and she is good. She has quite the arm- during try-outs she threw her first ball and the whole crowd awwwwed. I thought I might cry I was so proud of her, and just between you and me, I did a little bit :)

No comments: