Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faith, toenails and Cheez-it overload

When we landed in Salt Lake I was so excited to be on the ground safe and sound. As me and Tates were walking into the airport I said "Yay, we made it- we're on the ground, we didn't crash!" Tates looked at me very put out and said, "Mommy, remember I said a prayer last night and asked Heavenly Father to help us not crash!" Yes I remembered. This is why we should be as little children- faith.

The whole time I was walking around the airports I had on my comfortable cute pink flats. Seriously, the cutest most comfortable shoes ever. Comfortable when my toenails are a normal length that is. But, when I'm sporting talons- not so much. I could see the outline of my toenails at the tops of my shoes- toes were hurting. I finally clipped them today- hallelujah! My shoes and my dogs will breath easier.

Both flights to Utah were great- went off without a hitch. The flight back, however, was torture. We had to fly from SLC to Atlanta- it's just under 4 hours- blagh. There was wind like you wouldn't believe in SLC. We took off and I have never been more scared and sick on a flight in my life. I held onto both of my children- Taylor told me to quit squeezing her hand- Cagey said nothing. It felt like we were floating and then being pressed down on- over and over and over again. Cagey finally said quietly, "we shouldn't have gotten on this plane!" Truer words were never spoken. The seatbelt light was on most of the flight and the flight attendants were mostly in their seats as well. Just as we were nearing the end- and we had all avoided using the air sick bags- EZRA... pukes his cheez-its all down my arm- and all over Cagey. Cagey started crying and we all smelled like puke. Note to self- too much cheez-it sedation will end in the opposite of sedation...

No comments: