Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mistakes

No, this is not a confession of past mistakes...maybe someday, but not this day (what movie??) Okay no, these are my stupid "HI, my name is Vanessa Wagley Nicolaysen" mistakes I have made so far just this week.

1. I would say 'let' Jeebs buy a spider from a grilling place, but I we really don't 'let' eachother do stuff like that- so I'm just gonna say he bought a spider for frying on Saturday. Sooo- we had fried goods 2 days in a row this week and it's only Wednesday. Monday night was fresh fried tortilla chips- he is an expert, almost. Tuesday night was fried chicken scrips and mash. I made the chicken and he fried it- needed more salt and more panko (if you haven't tried putting panko in your flour, try it, yummmmmm) So- weight loss this week- yeah...nevermind.

2. Put Ezra in his stroller while Tates (7) and Cagey (4) 'helped' me wash the Tahoe in their bathing suits. Yeah. Each one wanted to have their turn manning the water hose. Ezra dropped his car that was keeping him happy and preoccupied so I told Cagey to pick it up and give it back to him- it was soapy so Tates wanted to wash it off- Cagey held it up right in front of Ezra and Tates shot the hose right in the direction of the car- Ezra screamed. He had just been shot in the face. I spoke before I thought and Tates felt so bad she started crying. I felt bad, but I didn't cry. I just carry on because I'm Nessa and Nessa does stupid things like this all the time. I finished washing the car with Ezra in one hand- my wet soapy rag in the other.

3. Took the kids to the beach today. In Morehead City I stopped at a red light. I just happened to glance to my right and the driver of the truck next to me was motioning for me to roll down my window. Holy Hannah- I was freaked out, but I rolled the window down just a bit and the guy says to me "Your left tail light is out." Oh thanks- great. I was almost to the beach so I just eased on down the road, trying to hit the brakes as little as possible. I felt like I was walking around with my skirt stuck in my undies and I knew about it, but there was nothing I could do about it. Then we got to the beach and it was 67 degrees. The water was freezing. I didn't think there would be such a temperature difference. In New Bern it was in the 80's- the beach was almost 15-20 degrees cooler. Cagey already had a cough and he was determined to get in the freakin' water. His cough sounds like a fog horn now. Awesome.

as a random side note- I saw so many girls in bikinis at the beach- it must be a pre-req for the beach now that you have a bikini- one pieces...where are ya? Then as they fall into the water they go clutching to their little 3 inches of fabric that are separating them from the rest of the public. Really?? Really? Oh heaven forbid- we see 3 more inches of your body!!!! I mean- seriously cover it up. good grief you're walking around in bandaids for your boozies and a freakin' triangle for your crack!!! that's it!! 3 more inches wouldn't be that much more offensive. seriously- sick of it. cover up!!!!!!!!! I don't care how fabulous your body is- leave it to yourself- I need more fabric separating me from you.ewwww gross.

Stay tuned- I'm sure I'll be able to add to this list- there's still Thursday and Friday left.

3 comments:

DyessFam said...

Okay, I'm rollin'! Rollin'!!!! I especially love the commentary on the bikinis. Amen! Preach it, Sista! I vote for more than three inches, though! Cover it all up, cuz I don't wanna see nuthin'! Please keep your private areas, PRIVATE!!!

alexandriasmomma said...

Movie? Lord of the Rings, Return of the King? Aragorn's speech. Totally inspiring. I love it. The Lord of the Rings movies are the best ever. Period. It is well worth the money and the time to buy the deluxe extended versions with the appendices included. AWESOME!!!!! Absolutely AWESOME!!! Any LOTR fans out there?

alexandriasmomma said...

Gee, keep on trying. Your mistakes will train you to think ahead, be more efficient, and to REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR B-COMPLEX!!! B-complex, taken religiously every day, will help your brain to function better. It certainly did me! I'm using the PAST TENSE. I don't think anything can help my brain now! Hey, the word I have to type in is "ringo". As in Ringo Starr, the drummer for the Beatles, for all you youngsters.