Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dear Grandma,


(Tates and Me at the Eastman Gun Range)

Thank you for teaching me through example your whole life. You had the courage of your convictions and instilled righteous traditions in your home and in ours. Because of you no one can convince me that guns are bad and they make people violent, hormone pills won't hurt you, staying home with your children makes you less than a working woman, modesty and morals are old fashioned, sewing is easy (cuz it's not), and that butter and real mayo are bad for you. Happy Birthday- say hi to yang for me. I love you and miss you both.

Nessa

PS My grandma was a white, Christian, conservative, gun totin' woman who never shot anybody.
PPS I don't think my grandma actually toted a gun- but she was a member of the NRA for at least 25 years. She was a city gal and gun totin' doesn't accurately describe her :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Page said...

Racist.

alexandriasmomma said...

Page, HOW do you manage to distill your comments down to ONE word AND make them so freakin' FUNNY????? It's remarkable.

Do y'all remember mom's silver bullet she got from the NRA for being a lifetime member?

And yes, Nessa, I'm so thankful to mother for her example as well. I'm so thankful for so many things that she taught me through example. I don't think she ever shot a gun in her whole life, but she was an ardent supporter of the second amendment.

Happy Birthday, to one who bears the sweetest name, my mother.