Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm a rock climber!

Okay really I'm not and only Shelly will get that title. But, I had a guy take me rock climbing once. It was one of the funnest dates I had ever been on except I was terrified. When I think about heights- or really the falling from the heights- it makes my lips go numb. We went to Rock Canyon in Provo and did what this guy called a beginner climb. I was doing fine and then a pack of boy scouts hiked by and one smart alec yelled "you're gonna fall!" That didn't rattle me as much as the wedgie the harness was giving me. A wedgie that won't quit with a guy at the bottom of the rock looking up at your derriere. It wasn't one of my finest moments, I'm sure. When I got down he told me that the harness that I was counting on to save my life, keep me from plunging to my death, and slowly cutting me in half was, indeed, on upside down. I'm glad I didn't die because it was fun and I can tell everybody I've been rock climbing- even if it was a wimpy little climb. He took me to Denny's afterwords, I hate Denny's. It wasn't a deal breaker though- the deal breaker was when he basically told me I was dumb and he was smart. Funny- I was the one going to BYU and he was still lamenting about not getting in. hmmmmmmmmKKKKKKK

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

haha! wedgie! funny! You remember the swimsuit wedgie I got at the beach in Maryland that time. Poor lifeguard? Good times!