Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Insurmountable Task

9:45 Friday morning the phone rings, a realtor wants to show our house between 1 and 2. Our house is in no way ready to show, but we can swing it. If you want to sell your house you have to show it, right? Right. After non-stop cleaning until 12:45, no working for Jeebs, we leave the house and are off to sit in Taco Bell and see how much junk we can stuff down our gullets. I hate eating junk food, but sometimes you just need some, not really, but whatever. 1:45, after Jeebs has put in our 3rd and final order we head to pick Percy up from the groomers. 2:05 we head home and hope the people have already come and gone. No dice. We call our realtor, no answer, leave a message. We head to Taylor's school to wait the 40 minutes for her to get out (we were first in line). 2:35 ish our realtor calls and tells us the people no-showed their realtor, so they aren't coming today. No showing- a big deal?- nope not just one time, but at about 3 to 1 ratio of no shows to actual showings- YES. I am getting discouraged. We have to 1. get people to actually come to their scheduled showings, 2. fall in love with our house enough to pay the uh hum sort of higher than market price- which is about 12k less than what WE paid for it (thank you again Obama) then 3. pass inspection- we have a few things that need to be repaired and I have no idea where or who to go to to get them fixed, and finally 4. keep them completely interested and in the game until the whole thing is finished. For the cherry on top- this has been going on for 3 plus years. It just seems completely insurmountable. I do not want to have another baby here and I'm praying for a miracle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'd be discouraged too! I'm so sorry they didn't show. Terrible! I believe in miracles and will pray for one will come your way.

wagdog said...

Did Obama do your appraisal? :-D

Page said...

OBAMANATION

DyessFam said...

You know you just wanna come back to Tejas cuz I'm here...;p Well, that's frustrating, BUT on the bright side, your house was clean for a while. That's always a plus. :) Oh, and Taco Bell, you complete me! hehe.