Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Today was a long Sunday. After church I stayed for a cubscout meeting that lasted 40 min. Then I came home and gorged myself with a hamburger and mac 'n cheese. Then rounded it off with an oatmeal creme pie. I haven't had one in many moons, but Sunday is my day to splurge. It was pretty tasty. I then took a nice nap, but for some reason on Sundays I could sleep forever. I had to wake myself up though because I had to play at a baptism at 6. I got there about 15 min early so I could play some prelude. After seeing what I could do to help to set up I went to the piano to start my marathon playing. I started out thinking how thankful I was for my mom putting us all in piano lessons- that I could now serve with my little bit of talent. Then I played for 30 MIN!! Bitterness was starting to set in after I raced through the hymnbook 17 times. Bitterness and backpain. The baptism that was supposed to start at 6 started at 6:20!! No biggie, but then I came back after the actual baptism and played more prelude while everybody came back in from the font. I kept waiting for them to stop me. That prelude went on for another 10 min or so. Needless to say I was running out of hymns that I knew I could play off the cuff. I find it very distracting when the prelude has a million mistakes in it. SOoooooooo- after playing 30 min of prelude at the beginning- then 10 min in the middle- then a couple of verses of postlude- my back and shoulders are DONE.

Anyway- to ease my pain I ate a butterscotch gooey bar. When I got home I ate another half of a hamburger bug with butter and honey and then another half turkey sandwich. Complete with popcorn and a few chocolate candies :) hehehehe I don't know why I can't lose weight. Diet starts Monday! ha!

3 comments:

DyessFam said...

You go girl! Easing pain never tasted so good! hehehehe Have fun on Monday, I'll be in mourning with you:)

The Airharts said...

hey-I found a blog that I think you will love-we need to get the cupcake pops goin!!!its www.bakerella.blogspot.com

The Airharts said...

oh and thanks for feeding my husband tonight!